PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY AS REQUIRED BY REGULATION S-P and REGULATION S-AM
Maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients is a high priority. That is why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information. This notice is provided to you on behalf of Coign Capital Advisors, LLC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In connection with providing investment products, financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information about you, including:
• Information we receive from you on account applications, such as your address, date of birth, Social Security Number, occupation, financial goals, assets and
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
• Information received from credit or service bureaus or other third parties, such as your credit history or employment status.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may only disclose information that we collect in accordance with this policy. Coign Capital Advisors, LLC does not sell customer lists and will not sell your name to telemarketers.
CATEGORIES OF PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE
We will not disclose information regarding you or your account at Coign Capital Advisors, LLC, except under the following circumstances:
• To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company;
• To consumer reporting agencies,
• To third parties who perform services or marketing on our behalf;
• To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
• To your accountant;
• To our attorneys, accountants or auditors; and
• To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Information may be used among companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers, or companies that help us market products and services to you for a number of purposes, such as:
Under Regulation S-AM, a registered investment adviser is prohibited from using eligibility information that it receives from an affiliate to make a marketing solicitation unless: (1) the potential marketing use of that information has been clearly, conspicuously and concisely disclosed to the consumer; (2) the consumer has been provided a reasonable opportunity and a simple method to opt out of receiving the marketing solicitations; and (3) the consumer has not opted out. Coign Capital Advisors, LLC does not receive information regarding marketing eligibility from affiliates to make solicitations.
Regulation S-ID requires our firm to have an Identity Theft Protection Program (ITPP) that controls reasonably foreseeable risks to customers or to the safety and soundness of our firm from identity theft. We have developed an ITPP to adequately identify and detect potential red-flags to prevent and mitigate identity theft.
OUR SECURITY POLICY
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard confidential client information.
CLOSED OR INACTIVE ACCOUNTS
Please direct complaints to: James Zundel at Coign Capital Advisors, LLC, 12012 South 700 E., Suite 100, Draper, Utah 84020; (801) 676-4570.